Sheffield artists to talk at music talent conference
Local artist Coco to speak at PRS Foundation’s Talent Development Conference in Sheffield later this month.
Sheffield artists Coco and Rebecca Lucy Taylor (Self Esteem, Slow Club) are to give talks at the annual Talent Development Conference, hosted by the PRS Foundation.
It is a key date in the calendar for any aspiring musician those working in the industry and talent development, or anyone who wants a career in music. The day will feature panels, keynote speakers and networking opportunities connecting music organisations, artists, and influencers from the industry including Bat For Lashes management and writers for Ed Sheeran and Craig David.
The conference takes a fresh look at shared challenges and opportunities for the music sector. Covering a range of topics, the focus will be on the need to put meaningful creative support at the centre of talent development approaches.
– Opening keynote from Sheffield City Region Mayor, Dan Jarvis
– Artist speakers include: Rebeca Lucy Taylor (Self Esteem), Coco, Queen Zee, Rakhi Singh, DJ Nik Nak, Ben Lunn,Soosan Lolavar and CHAINES
– Industry speakers include:Sarah Brooksbank (artist manager – Bat For Lashes, Fat White Family), Clare Crane (BBC 6 Music) and Crispin Parry (British Underground).
– Songwriting masterclass with Jake Gosling (Ed Sheeran, The Libertines), Rebecca Lucy Taylor and Emma Stakes (Gary Barlow, Nicole Sherzinger, Craig David).
– Guest panel with Rakhi Singh (composer), Nicole Raymond (aka DJ NikNak), Ben Lunn, (composer) and Simon Webb (BBC Philharmonic).