Exposed Awards 2016 Arrives!
Yes, Sheffield. For the love of Sean Bean, YES! It’s finally arrived! The 10th annual Exposed Awards are kicking off this evening and we’re stoked to bring our festival-themed bonanza back to the 02 Academy as we celebrate the great and good of our fair city.
It’s your chance to sing the praises of the people and businesses you love, in the city you love – as the Exposed Awards are made up of 100% READER VOTES! Power to the people.
So if you’ve got your ticket, we’ll see you at the bar; if you haven’t sorted them yet, there’s still a few standing spaces available for a mere tenner so gi’ us a bell and get them while they’re still about – cut off is 1pm today!
And if you’ve never been to one of these shindigs, or more than likely have a hazy recollection of antics from previous years, here’s the sort of shtick you can expect…
• We’ve opted for a music festival theme, so feel free to don your finest wellies as we do the venue up Glasto-style – think the whole bunting, UV paint and live music shebang.
• Speaking of live music, Glastonbury alumni K.O.G & The Zongo Brigade will be bringing their West African rhythms to the stage. Table-skanking not obligatory, but encouraged.
• We’ve got the likes of Sunshine Pizza Company, Fat Arnie’s Quality Hot Dogs and Cowboy Burgers on-hand to fill your bellies with some mighty fine grub. Food is available before the ceremony, during the interval, and after the ceremony – but not during!
• Your amiable host for the evening will be magician extraordinaire and all round geezer, Steve Faulkner.
• We’ve also sorted you out with table goodies from our sponsors Drop Dead, Smoke BBQ, Napoleon’s Casino, Deliveroo, Vanilla, Owlerton Stadium, Pago Premium Fruit Juices and SIV Tickets. No worries, like.
‘Afterpart-ay’, you say?
2 words: The Wick.
3 words: free lemon drizzles
1 word: messy.
All sorted, yeah? Don’t forget that doors at the 02 open for 7.30pm. So get your gladrags – or festival fancy dress – sorted and we’ll see you lovely lot there!
PS, if you’re seated, don’t forget your food tickets to claim your free snap. They’re the little raffle coupons which will have arrived with your main tickets. Got it? Champion.