All Hail 'The Dark Side of the Moor'!
Now That's What I Call Reet Good.
After a frantic bout of twittering and Facebooking the likes of Mr John McClure, the Leadmill and Pistola Kicks, Exposed's crowdsourced compo, The Dark Side of the Moor (kudos to Mr Brandon Egley for his marvellous title suggestions – this was our favourite!) has been completed, and is up on our YouTube channel for your viewing pleasure!
Comprising a wide variety of songs submitted by readers, Sheffield musicians, venues and, well, ourselves, we asked you to submit a tune that summed up your 23rd November. Thanks to everyone who contributed – you've each won a free cocktail courtesy of Bar 23 so bob us a line to claim your prize.
We're off down Ladbrookes to put a quid on it reaching number one for Christmas, as long as Cliff doesn't spoil everything. Click the cover below to listen to The Dark Side of The Moor on YouTube!
1) Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant (submitted by Brandon Egley)
"Hitting the midweek slump, very ready for the weekend but know there's another two days in the office first. Aint no rest for the wicked…"
2) This is Music by The Verve (submitted by Jon McClure of Reverend and the Makers)
3) Mr Big Stuff by Jean Knight (submitted by The Leadmill)
"Well, Peter Stringfellow has just walked in so it's got to be Mr Big Stuff by Jean Knight…!"
4) Cruel by St Vincent (submitted by The Harley Live)
"It just kills it. Best vid of the year too…"
5) Leave Me Alone by New Order (submitted by Pistola Kicks)
6) I'll Be Your Mirror by The Velvet Underground (submitted by mylittleredbook)
"No reason but I was singing it earlier…"
7) Cuckoo Time by Cuckoo Clocks (submitted by Jane Infanti)
"Makes me smile on a winters day!" NB This was the only track we couldn't find on YouTube, but it's available on Soundcloud here. Hooray!
8) Slow by Rumer (submitted by Phil Turner)
"Saw her at City Hall a few weeks back and my computer is definitely on the go slow today – so think its pretty apt…"
9) 4am by Kaskade (Adam K & Soha Remix) (submitted by Roxy Jeffery)
10) Feelin' Good by Muse (submitted by Megan Owen)
"Such a brill track from one of my favourite bands. Smooth and rhythmic, leaves you with goosebumps…"